MEDICARE and Chronic Care Management: How can we help YOU?
Are you a MEDICARE beneficiary? Do you have a condition that requires you to take a medication regularly or make regular visits to the clinic for management or exacerbations? CHRONIC conditions such as hypertension, diabetes mellitus, asthma, high cholesterol, COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder)/emphysema do not have to affect your quality of life. Chronic care management (CCM) services for Medicare beneficiaries ensure timely access, proper care, and management of long-term conditions. Here at River Bend Medical Associates, we strive to provide you with 24/7 access to care, a comprehensive and collaborative care plan, as well as management of acute exacerbations and preventative services.
What Can you Expect?
24/7 Access: Via phone or internet
- Contact the triage provider during normal business hours. Triage providers are available to answer any questions you may have regarding your condition. Many questions can be answered over the phone, allowing you to enjoy your day without spending it in a waiting room. The triage provider can also evaluate your symptoms, and advise you whether or not you need urgent medical evaluation, and facilitate in getting you to the appropriate level of care (clinic visit, urgent care or emergency room).
For urgent after-hour concerns:
- Call the clinic and leave a message for the on call provider to return your call.
For non-urgent matters:
- Secure access to your records via the portal system. Once you have signed up for the portal in the clinic, you can use it to review office visits, look up lab results and send messages to your providers. Go to Patient Portal.
All remote communication is compliant with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), and ensures your privacy.
Plan of care
At your regular visits for chronic care conditions, your provider will come up with a comprehensive care plan. This includes:
- Medication review/management and refills,
- Ordering routine lab work or imaging studies, and
- Coordinating care with specialists as needed
- Making a follow up appointment with a designated provider
The electronic health record system enables us to provide you with excellent and timely management of your health needs with regards to:
- Your specific healthcare needs>
- Preventative health services (immunizations, routine screenings)
- Medication interactions
- Follow up from the emergency room or other health care facility
- Share your medical information in a timely manner with other clinicians to enhance your medical care
Contact the clinic if you have any questions regarding chronic care management. As part of your medical team, we are here to provide you with the best care in all aspects of your health care needs.